The Grinns Tale
The Grinns Tale is a free-to-play social RPG developed by Nexon in which the player leads a group of misfits up a mysterious tower to defeat ever more challenging waves of enemies. The player also builds a bustling base of operations over the course of the journey that allows the gang of misfit heroes to craft new exciting equipment and items to rise to these growing challenges.
I worked as a Development Intern at Nexon on The Grinns Tale during the summer and fall of 2012 and 2013. I worked primarily on gameplay systems design and content implementation, as well as some development of design tools.
I designed the following gameplay systems while working on The Grinns Tale:
- Experience drop rates, level thresholds and matching enemy level to expected player level
- Equipment itemization and progression
- Equipment crafting recipes, costs and build times
- Player character and enemy character statistics and abilities
- IAP costs for crafting and item purchases